My notes from today’s meeting are scattered, but it’s as always quotes that stand out.
Shannon said, in reference to Octavia Butlers’ book Kindred, “Survival is not just tools but also emotional.” That feels like a relevant way to start this reading/action club. What if survival was not just about having guns and being violent, but a long-term strategy for change?
– gasoline goes first
– food goes next
– scalability [of cooperation]
– interpersonal drama
– who’s responsible for whom if we want to think collectively?
– immediate moments of events vs. long-term timelines
– hyper local connections –> queer communities are “on top of” other communities
– Facilitation techniques: how to work together –> communicate w/o a higher authority
– a city is enough ppl working together to get things done
– Sense of autonomy [not to lean on authority]
– Plan for long-term w/i a not-positive scenario
– Working together